It has been known that pure silver is too soft and cannot be used for the functional objects. In the 12 century, it was decided to mix the pure silver and different kinds of metals that will help silver in providing strength. The result of that mixture is the sterling silver, which is the hard silver and is considered durable for the jewellery. You can easily get the wholesale sterling silver jewelry, which is considered as a precious metal.
Reasons why hard silver jewelry tarnish
- It has been found that silver is non-reactive, but it might get attacked with some of the things that are found in the atmosphere.
- Silver when exposed to sulphur or its compounds then black tarnish on silver tends to appear.
- If silver exposed to low-level ozone, then it forms a layer of silver oxide.
How to store hard silver jewelry?
It is better to store the hard silver jewelry with great care to avoid black tarnish on it.
- You can store the hard silver jewelry in the air-tight jewelry and must not expose it into the moisture.
- It is suggested to not to store the multiple pieces of jewelry into the same bags as it might get scratches.
- Make sure you don’t leave any piece of chalk in the air-tight pouch as it might get tarnished.
Avoid keeping jewellery with:-
- Hair spray or any other hair products.
- Sulphur containing substances like onions, eggs and others.
- Chlorinated water
- Wool and rubber products.
Caring tips for hard silver jewelry
- It is better to keep the jewelry into the low-humidity environment.
- You must keep the jewelry clean and dry and must avoid its contact with water or sweat.
- Try to store jewelry in an airtight container to avoid its reaction with other things and from tarnishing.
These are some of the things that you need to know about the hard silver jewelry and must take proper care of all these things.